27th August 2021
Job title: Administration Apprentice (Revenues & Benefits)
Location: Rhyl and Homeworking
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills? Would you like to build a career within the IT sector? Join our team as a Revenues & Benefits Apprentice, in an exciting role offering excellent experience and progression opportunities.
Civica designs smart software that supports remote working, improves and automates internal processes, and delivers a better experience for your community. Civica supports over 900 local authorities around the world. We help deliver services used by 90 million people: delivering £2.6bn in COVID-19 related payments to help citizens and businesses.
You’ll be excited by the opportunity to start your career within the IT sector, applying previous skills that you have developed throughout your work experience. You will also;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer focus
- Be IT literate, with experience of excel, outlook and word
- Have numeracy skills including the ability to manipulate numerical data
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities:
- You’ll efficiently and accurately deal with the administration and assessment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction applications. You will assist with the collection of Council Tax and Overpayments and work within the Revenues and Benefits regulations, legislation and guidance.
- Deal with telephone, written or face to face enquiries from customers and stakeholders
- Have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and IT applications relevant to the role
- To identify possible irregularities in assessments and liabilities and refer to the Fraud Investigations Team
- Keep and maintain appropriate records and statistics, review exception reports and ensure appropriate action is taken
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.