1st November 2021
Job Title: Account Development Manager – Local Government Sector
Location: UK – South/South West
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
We are looking to recruit an Account Development manager to sell our Regulatory Services solution into the Local Government market.
Emily Douglin, Managing Director - Chairperson's Award for Sales Leadership (2021): "Sales teams that are representative will have an innate ability to truly empathise with our markets’ desires, direction and motivations. The better we understand our customers, the bigger the positive impact we can make. Bringing together people of various backgrounds, shaped by different life experiences generates a range of new, innovative ideas and approaches. This is essential to helping us solve the evolving challenges faced by our markets.”
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends/family
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
- Civica Sales Academy - We’ll support you in becoming one of those consistent, global top performers whether you’re new to the profession or a seasoned professional/leader. Through training, coaching, observation and rehearsal, we’ll take you through those key approaches and behaviours that make the difference.
- Societal Impact – Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Achieve annual incremental gross margin targets, as set by the Company at the outset of the financial year.
- Build and maintain a strong and accurate pipeline, sufficient to achieve/exceed target.
- Deliver accuracy of +/- 10% in your sales forecasts.
- Build, then execute a Territory Plan to explain how you will maximize the return from the customers and product/solution whitespace in your territory.
- Manage every aspect of the sales cycle, from initial preparation and customer engagement through to deal closure and handover to delivery.
- Qualify every opportunity using recognised tools, to ensure effort is only expended on deals with a strong likelihood of closure.
- Construct and lead multi-discipline teams, to demonstrate to the customer that we can meet their requirements and deliver on commitments.
- Understand the competitive landscape you are operating in, be capable of positioning Civica to win by emphasizing our differentiators.
- Contribute to the evolution of product/service roadmaps in your market, by identifying repeatable customer challenges that can be profitably addressed.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of other Civica products/services to support the generation of collaborative pipeline for other business units.
- Maximise revenue recognition by constructing optimal commercials terms.
Our most successful Sales colleagues embody the following behaviours & competencies:
- Maximise customer value - Understands customers and fosters a partnership to solve their problems using our solutions and products to maximise value to the customer and to Civica
- Own their targets - Takes full ownership for achieving personal/team target. Is planned, rigorous and agile, shapes the task and makes it happen
- Act with integrity - Approaches sales challenges in the ‘right way’, is fair, honest and always takes responsibility
- Challenge thinking - Uses deep market insight and fresh thinking to challenge customers to think differently and to take action
- Coach for performance - Inspires and, coaches the team to exceed high standards, challenging them to always do more
- Driven to win - Ambitious and action oriented. Is resilient, tenacious, positive, and determined
- Always improving - Constantly seeks and acts on feedback, learning and coaching in order to improve personal performance and results
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.