25th February 2021
Job Title: 2 x User Researchers (UX)
Location: Home based (any UK location) plus travel to UK customer site as required
** “GDS”, “ D1” or “Digital First” framework experience preferred **
Joining our vibrant Customer Experience (CX) Team at Civica the User Researchers work on a variety of high profile CX projects, delivering to both UK Government and well known UK organisations. We require experienced User Researchers, with experience of delivering in a "GDS", ("D1", "Digital First") framework ideally. We prefer User Researchers to have some UX Design skills so that they understand all aspects of Customer Experience. This is a great opportunity to join and work with Civica’s highly regarded team of UX specialists, delivering excellent User experience.
- 3+ years’ experience of User Research (a portfolio is desirable);
- Previous experience in Business Analysis desirable
- GDS, D1 or Digital First framework experience preferred
- UX Design skills, able to visualize concepts and generate wireframes and prototypes, MIRO is preferred.
- Ability to plan user research activities, creating research plans, guides and scripts;
- Experience in a range of primary and secondary research methods (e.g. interviews, observation, focus groups, card sorts, surveys, analytics or competitor analysis);
- Ability to design and conduct usability testing sessions, both remotely and face-to-face;
- Experience in applying qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques;
- Ability to create effective research outputs (e.g. user needs, personas, journeys, maps);
- Experience of delivering user research in an Agile framework, working with multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. Product Owners, UX Designers, Business Analysts, Developers);
- Ability to work with minimal direction, as a sole UX practitioner or as part of a team on a project;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, comfortable dealing with uncertainty, ambiguity and conflict to drive change;
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), confident working with people at all levels of an organisation;
- A genuine passion for user research, and an eagerness to learn new skills and apply newly acquired knowledge;
- Eligibility to obtain SC Clearance.
Your core responsibilities:
- Planning, designing and preparing for user research studies, choosing the best methods for research based on goals, context and past experience;
- Running user research activities using a range of techniques, including contextual interviews, observation, focus groups, surveys, diary studies;
- Conducting usability testing on services across the development lifecycle, from paper prototypes to live digital services;
- Using qualitative and quantitative approaches to analyse user research data, summarising your insights and results in a clear and engaging way;
- Communicating your findings through appropriate research outputs, including user needs and stories, personas, user journeys, service blueprints, design concepts, research reports and presentations;
- Developing clear, evidence-based recommendations for team members and stakeholders, and supporting the prioritisation of user needs, stories and requirements for digital services;
- Championing the needs of users in project and customer teams, to support user centred design and decision making;
- Advocating inclusive, accessible and ethical research practices on our projects, and delivering accordingly;
- Being a passionate voice for user research in Civica, mentoring other researchers and designers in the capability, sharing your skills and experiences.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.