8th February 2022
2 x Contract Delivery Managers (Software Development Projects)
Home-based + occasional travel to customer site as required (UK)
6-month contracts (likely to renew)
Job Reference: 1707
Inside IR35 Day Rate
** Scrum, Agile, Prince, Governance, Sprints, SDLC, Stakeholder management, high-profile Customers **
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. Across our UK hubs and UK network of Home-Workers we are developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming vital public services, in Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
The Delivery Managers manage the delivery of software development projects to a range of high profile UK Clients across the Public Sector.
We are looking for talented Delivery Managers / PM’s who excel in:
- Effective stakeholder management, (working across Product Managers, Developers, Testers, Architects, Release Managers etc.), in Agile and Waterfall environments, facilitating Sprint/Iterations planning sessions etc.
- Strong customer delivery experience, managing project governance and project budgets
- Delivering software development projects using the appropriate agile project management methodology whilst learning & iterating frequently
- Leading collaborative and dynamic agile planning processes and the prioritisation of the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Taking responsibility for delivering within project finance targets
- Maintaining project artefacts (e.g., backlogs and burndowns) to ensure effective running of delivery projects
- 3 – 5 years development project management experience, delivering software development projects, ideally from within a software house/ consultancy setting delivering to external customers.
** It is essential for the contract roles that you hold current SC Clearance. Without this we cannot consider your application **
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience taking full responsibility for project finances, (£200K upwards) and project delivery
- Significant client facing experience
- Facilitation of Sprint/Iteration Planning sessions, running daily stand-ups etc.
- Facilitation of Retrospectives and review meetings
- Identifying and managing risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Managing stakeholder expectations
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.