We believe that by working together, technology can improve public services for everyone.
Read more of our insights below, and join in with the conversation using #AWordFromTheWise
Pandemic Fuels Appetite for Digital Public Services across Age Groups
Steve Brain discusses how governments have a unique opportunity to digitally transform healthcare as over 70s demand more virtual services post-pandemic.
Find out more
How can we build responsive housing services for everyone in our society?
Michelle Tyler, Director Social Housing, Civica discusses why housing providers should engage more with the over 70s to improve service delivery.
Find out more
A Word from the Wise study methodology:
- The A Word from the Wise citizen survey was conducted by independent market research specialist, Censuswide, on behalf of Civica. A total of 2,123 citizens over the age of 18 (including 1,001 aged 70 and over) from across the UK were surveyed in May 2020.
- A follow-on survey was also conducted in April 2021, with a further 1,015 citizens aged 70 and over surveyed across the UK
- The A Word from the Wise public sector leader survey was conducted by independent market research specialists, Censuswide, on behalf of Civica. A total of 120 public sector leaders (weighted for even spread of organisational type) across the UK were surveyed in May 2020
- The A Word from the Wise focus groups were held with UK citizens aged over 70 in Aberdeen, Bristol, Lisburn and Manchester during December 2019
- The citizen interview videos shared have been approved by the citizens who took part in our focus group