18th July 2022
Job title: Service Desk Hardware Management Apprentice
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 2071
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Do you have an interest in IT? Would you like to work with one of the fastest growing Software companies?
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a real interest in IT to take their first step into the IT world. It is an extremely hands on role with lots of opportunities to develop.
You will aid with but not limited to purchasing, building, supplying, updating, decommissioning, disposal, and asset management of kit. Hardware includes desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
You will be a confident individual who has great customer service skills. You will always thrive to do your best and have great time management and organisational skills.
Your core responsibilities:
- Assist with the Group IT (Information Technology) Hardware management in relation to UK workforce.
- Aid with but not limited to purchasing, building, supplying, updating, decommissioning, disposal, and asset management of kit. Hardware includes desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Assist with Line work in relation to broadband, PSTN and Circuit provisioning/ ceasing and checks.
- Onsite support is also expected at the Leeds office inclusive of supporting the BCC (Business Centre Coordinator) with the AV equipment.
- Providing ad-hoc support to other UK sites for hardware management tasks.
- Reviewing ticket queues within the ITSM system and acting accordingly in line with support processes.
- Complete appropriate apprenticeship in line with detail above.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.