24th May 2022
Senior Security Operations Engineer
Location: Home Based UK
Job Reference: 1983
Skills: Design & Implementation of Technical IT Security Solutions, SIEM, Nessus or other Vulnerability management tool, IDS / IPS Review
Are you an IT Security professional with a background in Infrastructure looking for you next challenge? Are you looking for a role which will allow you to shape and scope technical IT Security for a global software & solutions organisation?
You will work as part of the Operations Team for a UK Wide organisation and be responsible for driving the development of security systems and processes across internal and hosted client environments.
You will be responsible for leading the development of security systems and processes across internal and hosted client environments. What is essential for the role is someone with an understanding of Infrastructure technologies and how new security solutions will impact delivery.
You will be responsible for working with specialist teams on Penetration Testing, Incident Management, Threat Detection and Vulnerability scanning. An understanding of these areas will be beneficial so you can understand results and work with Engineers move forward with solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer or Infrastructure Engineer looking to progress in a career in IT Security.
- Excellent knowledge of email and web security practices.
- Knowledge of investigating issues using SIEM tools and other security logging services
- Managing Nessus or other Vulnerability management tools
- Security Incident Response and Handling techniques
- Understanding of Windows Server based systems including DNS, DHCP, IIS, NPS, RDS, DFS, Hyper-V, Active Directory.
- Understanding of Microsoft Servers (i.e. Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint SQL Server)
- Experience of Cloud platforms (i.e. Azure / AWS)
- Virtualization principles & technologies
- Common Networking principles
- Working knowledge of compliance standards such as ISO27001, PCI-DSS & Cyber Essentials Plus
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.