8th August 2022
Job title: Senior Bid Manager
Location: Home based, Northern Ireland
Division: Civica Central Bid – Central Government
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 1822
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Bid Manager to come and join our team, that will lead and deliver high quality bids for the central government division of Civica.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering successful bids into the public sector within Northern Ireland and Ireland also having strong knowledge of public sector procurement process.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
You will be experienced at stakeholder management and engagement and also have;
- A solid understanding of Public Sector procurement practice and how Public Sector bids are won
- Able to identify the key information surrounding a requirement, establishing what the client is aiming to achieve and the outputs they expect
- Have a keen eye for detail and an ability to infer and clarify requirements that are not explicitly stated
- Be able to communicate customer requirements to both bid contributors and senior management as necessary
- Significant experience of working in bid teams developing digital solutions
- Confident in using their understanding of the client’s business and requirements to guide and support the technical resources engaged in any bid
- Adaptable to changing business and customer needs
- Proactive approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with impact and clarity
Your core responsibilities:
- Lead and deliver high quality bids for the central government division of Civica.
- While working across the division, the primary area of focus will be delivering bids into the public sector within Northern Ireland and Ireland.
- Work closely with Sales, Technical Pre-sales, Architecture, Subject Matter Experts, Delivery, Finance and Commercial functions, to develop and win business with existing and new customers.
- The key purpose of this role is to lead, coordinate and unite the bid contributions that are necessary from each part of the business, to ensure that:
- The bid submissions we make are of the highest quality.
- Our customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure Civica’s bid governance processes are followed
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.