12th July 2022
Location: UK – Home or Blended working – Home/Southbank office
Skills: Pricing, Excel, data analysis, data analyst
Benefits: comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday (option to buy more and sell back holiday) pension, medical cover, life cover, discounted gym membership, various employee discount schemes
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
We are currently going through a pricing transformation program to build effective pricing tools, policies and frameworks across our portfolio of software BUs. You will work as part of a team rolling out a new pricing engine which will help sales teams to price up sales opportunities more effectively and help build a centre of excellence for pricing within Civica ensuring the integrity of the pricing engine is maintained throughout the transformation program; own standard reports that capture pricing improvements across the BU and increase awareness of how to use pricing tools, processes and frameworks.
- Build, maintain and refine Pricing Engines
- Test Pricing Engines for new builds and refinements before release to sales teams, covering both input and output mechanisms.
- Use value based pricing methodologies to build list prices and associated tools for new acquisitions and new products.
- Analyse (input and output) data to get to the ‘so-what’, with guidance and direction from Head of Pricing.
- Conduct training sessions, handling ad-hoc engine related requests from BUs, ad-hoc changes to templates and tooling as well as elementary governance work.
- Run, maintain and improve standard reports & dashboards, extracting data from internal systems and structuring it for analysis.
- Work with Finance team, BU MDs, BU Ops Directors to collate unstructured data
- Work with internal analytics team and head of pricing to build standardized reporting on pricing performance
- Run pricing calibration sessions with internal teams.
- Build and sustain Pricing hub – web based platform that contains guidance notes, best practice, toolkits, communications groups, driving usage with BU teams
- Create PowerPoint packs to summarise and explain analysis to help drive business decisions forward and presenting to key stakeholders.
- Extensive data analysis experience
- Experience of presenting complex ideas to senior level stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, able to guide and influence stakeholders on pricing strategy and changes
- Strongly numerical, demonstrated with degree-level qualification
- Highly competent in Excel, including VBA/macros, working with complex and/or unstructured/ ‘dirty’ data
- Experience working in B2B sector
- Experience with SaaS Pricing would be useful
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.