23rd August 2022
Job Title: Apprentice – Business Administrator
Location: Hull – HU1 2AB
Job type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Job reference: 2029
A great opportunity has arisen for Financial Assessment Apprentice to come and join our well-established company, based in Hull for a 12 month contract.
All training will be provided so candidates that are team players, eager to learn new skills and that are computer literate are encouraged to apply.
Your core responsibilities:
- Working as an Apprentice you will be responsible undertaking administrative office based tasks, supporting the Financial Assessments Team in Hull.
- To attain a good working knowledge of relevant legislation and IT applications to enable the efficient carrying out of the duties attached to the post.
- Supporting Financial Assessment Officers via the undertaking of routine administrative duties such as photocopying, referencing, and the answering of basic enquiries from customers and stakeholders.
- Dealing with basic input and weekly/monthly reports.
- To keep and maintain appropriate records and statistics.
- Providing support for remote homeworkers such as printing of documents;
- To liaise with and provide advice and guidance to Council departments, and external agencies on basic matters relating to financial assessments.
- Contacting customers via telephone and letter to aid in the recovery of outstanding contributions for Adult Social Care contributions.
You will be a team player with a can-do attitude and be excited at the chance to learn new skills.
- Numeracy skills,
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and explain information;
- Good word processing and IT skills, including an ability to use an on-line, computer system to interrogate and update data,
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with customers via telephone and email.
- Ability to prioritise and work accurately to targets and deadlines,
- General awareness of Data Protection Principles and the need to maintain confidentiality when dealing with customer information.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company. Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.