21st December 2021
Job title: Technical Project Manager Lead
Location: Home based
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Project / Resource Manager who will be leading a highly technical team of individuals delivering a wide range of solutions designed by Technology Centre’s Solutions team for both internal and external customers. Several projects will be running in parallel, and this role is key in efficiently organising and managing the tasks their team are undertaking.
The successful candidate will work closely with their peers, driving innovation and efficiency in a complex technological environment, delivering projects on time and to a high standard.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit an experienced and commercially focussed Technical Project Manager, with experience in successfully leading technical teams and resource management, being market connected and delivering business value.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven Technical project delivery background and resource management within an IT managed Services environment
- A broad and good range of technical knowledge, including Public cloud / Microsoft Azure
- Experience of successful management of technical teams including career development, performance feedback and evaluation
- An appetite for continuous improvement and the development of practical process and procedures that support the business
- High attention to detail with excellent planning capabilities, both strategic and reactionary
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commercial judgement and acumen
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of IT professionals, performing one-2-ones, appraisals, pay reviews, training plans, coaching and mentoring
- Ensure accurate and timely resource; planning, scheduling and forecasting of projects to fulfil contractual obligations to customers
- Drive automation initiatives to efficiently deliver the projects both internally and to Civica’s customers
- Support Pre-Sales and quoting processes, providing technical resources for the successful production of quotes
- Determine the operational, technical, tactical, and training requirements of the team
- Review and provide input to policies and standard operating procedures, monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and drive through changes for continuous improvement
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.