2nd June 2021
Team Leader - Front End Web Development (Online Voting)
Home / North London N8 (2 days per week in the office)
***Can you lead a team developing eye catching and engaging websites? ***
This is a great opportunity to lead a talented team of Front End Web Developers that create and configure online voting sites using our bespoke Content Management Systems for elections related websites.
Civica Election Services is the UK’s leading provider of Election services. Every year we support 100’s of organisations to deliver secure online voting solutions.
- Scheduling projects and assigning them to Front End Web Developers.
- Checking all project instructions and copy are in place, accurate and complete before work commences, liaising with Project Managers to resolve any issues.
- Ensuring all projects worked on by the Digital Team progress and are completed to set deadlines, meeting SLA’s, including reallocating projects where necessary in response to leave or workloads.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the Digital Team to other departments.
- Working on large and complex projects personally; setting up and configuring online voting sites, nomination sites and platforms (sites that host additional election information) using the relevant client and election information held on the company’s job management system.
- Supporting and mentoring the Digital Team, providing expert web design assistance, and managing learning plans for each team member to improve and maintain skills.
- Maintaining and updating the Digital Team’s process documentation, and constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Attending Project Initiation Meetings for large and complex election projects, feeding back Digital requirements.
- Line management duties including regular team check-ins, and monitoring the performance of team
Essential skills required:
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills in building, configuring and managing content on websites probably gained from several years’ experience using a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress, BlogSpot or Drupal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Enjoy working under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills – must be able to prioritise projects and be flexible as when they change.
- 2+ years’ experience in Team Leadership, assigning work and ensuring delivery.
- Knowledge of website security, accessibility and browser compatibility issues, mobile responsive website design, search engine optimisation (SEO), and Google Analytics.
- Experience using jQuery for web development.
- Experience in a project-based environment, such as a web design agency would be highly advantageous.
- Microsoft Certifications or other accreditations are an advantage.
- An understanding of and interest in elections and voting systems would be advantageous
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.