1st April 2021
Job title: Solution/Technical Architect
Salary: Competitive + Bens
Do you have previous experience as a Solution Architect? Do you come from a Technical Background?
Civica are looking for a Solution Architect who has technical development experience.
This will be a fast-paced opportunity with tight deadlines, but the chance to work within an environment where you can work with new technologies and progress your career.
You will be delivering Solution Architecture that meets the business and technical needs of clients, delivering to time, cost and quality criteria.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has Solution Architect experience who wants to work with cutting edge technology. You will work with a forward-thinking team, working towards translating business needs into the design of solution architectures. You will want to join a large organisation where you can progress your career and as well as bringing your already strong experience, will be seeking the opportunity to pick up new skills.
Your core responsibilities
- Work independently or as part of a team to translate business needs into the design of solution architectures for external clients, and internal product teams.
- Act as solution architect and technical lead for a wide range of projects and programmes.
- Work as part of a team to design, develop and deliver client solutions, proof of concepts and client demonstrations.
- Participates and can lead in meetings with stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for technical teams, defining standards and practices.
- Ensures adherence to applicable standards (corporate, industry, national and international).
- Work as part of a team to develop the overall solution architecture for a range of industry focused sales propositions.
- Participate in business development providing technical input and meeting with clients to secure new business.
- Act as pre-sales solution architect for bids and proposals, assisting with estimation and planning.
- Act as Solution owner in bids/proposals for technical solutions
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.