1st November 2021
Job title: Service Desk Advisor
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Are you looking to step into a career in IT? Do you want to be an integral part of a leading software solutions provider?
We’re currently looking for a Service Desk Advisor to join us on a permanent basis. This role would suit someone looking to either start a career in IT or someone coming from their first IT support role looking to move into a company who will support your growth and development.
The role of a Service Desk Advisor provides first line support using documented knowledge articles to Civica’s Service Centre customer base. The role will involve triage customer facing tickets, ensuring tickets are logged and categorised correctly against set customer contracts.
- Record, manage and action customer incidents and service requests and ensure they are triaged to the correct resolver groups where appropriate.
- Demonstrate active listening and get the message across in written, verbal and face to face communications (and understand when to choose the appropriate medium).
- Work cooperatively with others in achieving customer satisfaction and team goals.
- Share information and knowledge and understand how work of other teams relates to own.
- Manage the performance of support service; manage customer expectations and enable effective resolution/completion of service incidents and requests.
- Support customers via multiple channels to correctly triage incidents and service requests to required resolver groups and process them in line with current service levels and current Civica policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of work completed, changes made, customer interactions in line with data protection laws and Civica policies, and on the systems designated by Civica.
- Adhere to current Service Centre Service Management policies, processes and procedures (e.g. ticket handling policy, incident management, request fulfilment and problem management).
- Maintain and develop your customer skills, technical skills and knowledge of current Civica process and procedures so that you can perform your role in line with the requirements of the business, as advised by or agreed by your line manager.
- Provide Feedback to improve existing knowledge management, suggest requirements or content for new knowledge management and if directed by line management, create new knowledge management articles
- Meet productivity and quality performance standards for customer experience, compliance and operational excellence set from time to time by line management, for example utilisation, attendance and workload. Meet contribution standards for knowledge management and continuous improvement set from time to time by your line manager.
- A desire and passion to build a career in IT
- Previous Contact Centre/Customer Advisor Experience is desirable
- Good Communication Skills
- Previous IT Support background is desirable
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.