25th February 2021
Role: Service Delivery Consultant – 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Home based role with travel to UK customers, (when allowed)
** Payment software implementation, training and consultancy **
Our Payments business requires a further Service Delivery Consultant on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. This role forms part of a team of Consultants providing implementation, training, consultancy and support to customers of our Payments software solution.
Civica delivers a wide range of specialist software solutions to Local Government and private Customers across the UK. We have grown year on year for the last 19 years. Our Payments business is the trusted payments partner for over 180 Local Government authorities as well as other high profile organisations. Our systems process £2 billion in secure electronic payments every year.
- Manage 10 – 20 Customers concurrently, working on variety of orders including training, consultancy, implementation and support
- Responsible for requirement gathering and documenting
- Product consultancy to enable set up and configure software
- Updating delivery plans and alerting Project Managers to key risks, issues
- Documenting key product issues in detail for development review
- Agreeing the Project Plan with the client project manager/s or internal project owner/s as appropriate
- Ensuring quality of the delivered product(s)
- Acceptance test support/analysis of UAT issues for delivered products
- Review of new product and solution releases
- Manage implementation problems, escalating if appropriate
- Liaise with customer representative/s, internal stakeholders and other Civica BU’s
- Liaise with the Project Manager/s
- Provide regular progress reports
- Responsible for all personal time recording and accurate forecasts for remaining work.
- Identify any activities/services out of scope are identified to Project Managers and customers.
- 3+ years’ experience gained working for either a payment solution provider / software house or a payment partner.
- Strong customer facing skills
- Strong systems knowledge, experience with implementing, training and support payment software solutions, (ideally Public Sector payment / financial systems)
- Experience of interfacing with 3rd party financial systems
- Experience with SQL applications, (preferred, not essential)
- Highly competent in all Microsoft Office products
- Commercial awareness
- Good communicator, written and verbal
- UK Driving license with willing to work away from home and work anti-social hours.
- Experience of reconciling income to financial system (preferred)
- Experience of general ledger postings (preferred)
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.