16th March 2021
Job title: Senior Project Manager
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Job Type: 2 year fixed term contract
Do you have previous experience moving on premise solutions to the cloud? Are you comfortable taking full ownership of the project lifecycle from initiation to deployment?
Take on a critical role in the Xpress Business Unit working on the development and implementation of the Xpress Cloud Election Management Solution (EMS).
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading the team on a day to day basis to initiate, plan and deliver the project to include the management of issues, risks and project change requests as well as developing and maintaining the relationship with the customer.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a solid successful background in project management along with an understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Positive, proactive and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to present to audiences and lead customer meetings such as design, requirements gathering or build workshops.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Understand interdependencies between the technology, operations and business need.
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to manage expectations and control change in an IT projects environment.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner.
About the Role
The project is in its infancy and the knowledge and experience the candidate brings will help shape how we undertake work ensuring that Civica Xpress maintains its market leader status. This will be achieved by delivering on promises, being professional and having clear knowledge and understanding throughout.
Your core responsibilities;
- Full project lifecycle ownership; successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment.
- Set-up, organise, manage, control and deliver the project on time, within budget, and to the right quality, in line with Civica’s Project Management methodology.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Lead and chair key workshops e.g. scoping, project kick off and review meetings
- Take financial responsibility as defined.
- Produce relevant reports for the Project Board.
- Support customers in their preparation of testing and training plans.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.