26th May 2021
Job Title: Programme Delivery Manager
Location: Home / Glasgow (3/4 days per week on-site in Glasgow)
Working on a high-profile Government Digital Transformation Programme we require an experienced Programme Delivery Manager to:
Work with the Transformation Programme Lead to co-ordinate the various delivery work streams to ensure they are adhering to the agreed Programme Roadmap.
Align the delivery objectives with programme objectives and manages the selection and planning of all Civica related projects and activities.
Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the work stream delivery teams, ensuring that there are resourced appropriately and effective governance arrangements, supported by comprehensive reporting and communication
- Programme delivery responsibility and initial point of contact for all matters related to the delivery of the Programme
- Acting as the first point of escalation for any issues raised that cannot be resolved directly within the delivery work streams
- Creation of Work Order responses establishing scope of requirements, deliverables, risk profile and advising on resource profiles and timescales
- Liaising with Client for any Change Requests, amendments and extensions
- Supporting and coaching Delivery Managers
- Communicating any changes and delays to resource profiles and managing this with Client
- Progress and quality reporting at programme governance meetings
- Regular catch ups with Clients Technical Delivery and Management Teams
- Aiding in the production of the Monthly and Quarterly Service Report
- Carry out Financial and invoice management for Work Orders without PM’s assigned
- Invoice review and signoff
Required skills / experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in Programme / Senior Project Management ideally delivering into Government client projects via an IT Solutions Provider / IT Consultancy. Able to evidence excellent stakeholder management and customer relationship management skills within these projects.
- 5+ years project management experience, delivering software development projects with project values in excess of £0.5m
- Excellent customer facing skills, able to evidence effective stakeholder management
- Agile and Waterfall project management, stand-ups etc.
- High level of commerciality, responsible for delivering within project finance targets
- Lead collaborative and dynamic agile planning processes and the prioritisation of the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Maintain project artefacts (e.g. backlogs and burndowns) to ensure effective running of delivery projects
- Previous experience delivering applications for a Government Digital Service (GDS), Digital First (preferred)
- Eligibility to obtain SC Clearance
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.