6th January 2021
Product Manager (Pensions Software solutions)
Location: Home working + occasional travel to UK sites
This is a great opportunity for a SME in Pensions Administration software to join our highly successful LG Pensions software team. The Product Manager will be responsible for defining and driving the UPM product strategies to ensure that UPM meets the changing needs of the Local government Pension scheme and the pensions market in general, tying-in to the overall Pensions Development Roadmap keeping the strategy and delivery in line with business planning, legislative/regulatory requirements and technical specifications.
- Keep a watching brief and provide thought leadership on industry and market developments, drivers and future changes.
- Sign off and oversee product developments in line with the business plan and strategic direction.
- Lead good practice and methodologies to provide advice and updates to the team
- Define new product modules and enhancement to existing software
- Provide support to colleagues, devoting time to impart expertise
- Run and manage User groups
- Manage, co-ordinate and communicate product launches/awareness within the Company, including Sales, Support and Service Delivery, other Civica business units, our customers and prospects
- Assist with managing Customer deliveries and be focused on understanding customer requirements and ensure that this is reflected in the Development Plan.
- Assist with customer-facing sales demonstrations of Civica software
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2020: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Expert level knowledge in Pensions Administration systems and LGPS
- Experience in specification and delivery of software solutions within the Pensions Administration space
- Senior Leadership experience
- Experience of managing customer requirements and expectations
- Commercially astute with the gravitas, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and in client-facing environments
- UK Driving license and ability to work away from home as required
- PMI qualification (Pensions Management Institute) preferred
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2020.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.