11th January 2022
Job title: Implementation Consultant – Assessments software
Location: Home based + very occasional UK travel (ideally East Midlands / South Yorkshire area)
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Could you support our Customers as they implement our Assessments software? We want to recruit someone who has a natural affinity with software / applications so can learn our Assessment software quickly to be able to support our Customers and help them get the best out of what the software delivers.
Our Assessments software solution business is growing rapidly and we are eager to recruit an Implementation Consultant. The software helps a variety of organisations, (including awarding bodies and certifying authorities), to help them manage the whose assessment process, including online assessments and marking..
Your key responsibilities:
- Work alongside the Project Manager, run workshops with the Customers to plan the software implementation phases for each new customer
- Support the implementation process in terms of configuration of the new system, making sure it meets each Customers expectations
- Provide software training and software support to Customers to make sure that the software delivers exactly what is needed
- Identify any opportunities for product enhancements or new services required by Customers
- Performa data loading where required
- Provide User Acceptance Testing where required
- Provide product demonstrations to Customer
- 2/3+ years’ experience in a role that includes supporting Users of any bespoke Application, either gained from working in an Application Support role or something similar.
- Any experience working for a Training / Assessment / Professional membership organisation where you were regarded as a ‘Super User’ of the software and trained others in the use of the system would be highly beneficial
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective relationship management skills, being able to manage multiple concurrent implementation projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Natural affinity with software – able to learn new systems quickly and help train and support other Users
- Strong team player
- Strong listener and ability to engage others
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Any User Acceptance Testing experience would be a bonus
- Experience with data dumps would be a bonus (Excel)
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.