10th February 2022
Head of Cloud GTM
Home Based - UK
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software. We are developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
We are recruiting for a Head of Cloud GTM to drive growth by accelerating cloud adoption as owner of Civica’s cloud go-to-market (GTM) approach. This will involve defining with each software division their Cloud (and SaaS) value proposition; developing a Go-to-market approach for cloud (and SaaS); working with Marketing to develop content supporting our cloud GTM and our customers’ migration to cloud and to drive sales enablement activities supporting sales people in their transition from selling on-premise to cloud and working with the product leads to ensure cloud offering is differentiating from on-premise. This role will have an important influence on Civica Group’s cloud & SaaS strategy which are converging.
- Work collaboratively with business units to define a winning cloud value proposition and go-to-market (GTM) approach for cloud, based on recent customer insight. This includes driving the collection of fresh customer insight, defining triggers and avenues to convince our existing on-premise customer installed base to adopt/migrate to cloud, framing customer migration paths and approach, and defining compelling value proposition to switch in near term, and defining a cloud offering differentiated from on-premise.
- Define the value proposition and GTM plan, and also work with the sales teams who have been selling on premise (or hosted) and coach them in selling the “full” cloud value proposition (and SaaS when appropriate).
- Support our group migration to SaaS in collaboration with other teams, at the pace agreed at Group level. This will also mean intense collaboration with the pricing team to support customer migration from on-premise to Cloud. This will include driving efforts to optimise public cloud consumption/cost.
- Support key cloud deals to ensure they are “cloud Wins” will be a measure of success. As this role drives cloud GTM and value proposition for Civica, it will require drafting content for sales enablement and, in collaboration with Marketing, for marketing purposes (lead generation, as well as thought leadership) relating to the value of cloud and supporting customer migration from on-premise to cloud.
- Contribute and drive Civica’s cloud strategy in collaboration with the company’s leadership.
- Experience defining GTM approach and a track record of migrating the customer base from on-premise to cloud and transitioning software businesses from traditional on-premise to cloud (and SaaS).
- Excellent understanding of Cloud (including value drivers) and successful value propositions that drive customer installed base migration from on-premise to cloud.
- Experience with sales enablement (e.g. sales training, collaterals, value propositions, battle cards, etc.) especially for Cloud, supporting a sales organisation that operates with an insight-driven consultative sales approach and demand testing.
- Track record of enabling customer insight gathering (quantitative and qualitative).
- Track record of drafting sales enablement and marketing content.
- Experience supporting sales teams in winning Cloud deals.
- Understanding of key pricing models especially the ones relevant for SaaS.
- Comfortable working in matrix organisation, great influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to engage at all levels including senior executives.
- Self-driven with a positive approach to a variety of challenges.
- Ideally with public sector experience.
Life at Civica
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.