3rd March 2022
Job title: Group Finance Manager (Audit and Compliance)
Location: Home based / Dudley
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 1786
Are you a Finance Manager with Audit and Compliance experience looking for your next challenge? We are looking for an established and experienced Finance Manager to utilise their expertise at one of the leading public sector software companies in the UK.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
You will be accountable for:
- Leading the Group’s audit process, being the first point of contact for the external auditors, to ensure timely delivery of information
- Statutory accounts preparation/review (consolidated group, UK trading subsidiaries, holding companies, and acquired entities), including all necessary disclosures
- Acquisition accounting: fair value assessments, purchase price allocations
- Supporting the Group’s insurance renewal, including integrating acquired businesses and ad hoc queries
- Other projects that occur in a fast-growing, private equity backed Group, e.g. lender and investor compliance, data analysis, etc
- Qualified ACA or equivalent with experience working in audit practice
- Post-qualification experience including managing large group statutory audits
- Strong technical accounting skills with knowledge and experience of FRS102, including areas such as acquisition accounting, impairment reviews, and defined benefit pension scheme disclosures
- Experience preparing consolidated statutory accounts
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-player and people orientated
- Strong knowledge of Excel - ability to analyse and present data
- Proven ability to work flexibly to achieve deadlines
- Ambitious and challenges the status quo
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of technology sector
- Exposure to systems such as Sun and Workday
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.