11th June 2021
Unleash your potential.
Join our 2021 graduate programme…
Graduate Pricing Associate
Location: London (Southbank) + Home/ Remote
Salary: £30,000 + per annum + benefits
Starting: ASAP (July, August or September 2021)
At Civica, we never stand still…
As a market-leading specialist in digital and critical software, we never stand still. So, you won’t either! At Civica, every day is different. From new faces and experiences, to opportunities and challenges, it’s our people and culture that makes us different. After all, our unbroken growth and success over the last 19 years hasn’t been coincidental. It’s been down to us attracting, recruiting and retaining, fresh thinking individuals with a passion to make a difference. Individuals just like YOU!
An opportunity has arisen to provide pricing support across the finance team, helping to drive the success of the Pricing Engine Roll Out programme. The Pricing Engine tool will help our sales people with their sales activities, therefore you will be looking at drivers for why customers buy our products and also looking at historical data. Once the Pricing Engine tool is rolled out, the focus of this role will shift to supporting pricing operations functions, covering but not restricted to: updating and maintaining the tool, dealing with ad-hoc tool related queries from users and supporting in training and regular pricing calibration exercises.
So, what does a Graduate Pricing Associate do?
- Building, maintenance and refinement of Pricing Engines, with guidance and support from the Head of Pricing
- Analysing (input and output) data to get to the ‘so-what’, with guidance and direction from the Head of Pricing.
- Run pricing calibration sessions with internal teams.
- Extracting required data from our systems (SOPS, SUN, FABS, Marketpoint, ABI) and structuring it for analysis
- Working with the Finance team, Business Unit MDs and Business Unit Operations Directors to collate unstructured data
- Running, maintaining and improving standard reports & dashboards created by the finance team (e.g. pricing uplift reports).
- Training sessions, handling ad-hoc engine related requests from Business Units, ad-hoc changes to templates and tooling as well as elementary governance work.
- Creation of PowerPoint packs to summarise and explain analysis to help drive business decisions forward.
The secret to your success
Passion. That’s our secret. We only employ the most talented, qualified and creative graduates, all of whom exhibit professionalism, consistency and integrity in everything they do. We promise that the only career limitation will be your own ambition!
Commitment. Our people and their commitment to do well for customers, colleagues and communities, is a defining characteristic of Civica.
Excellent communication skills, a proven ability to work as a team and great interpersonal skills count. We’ll also be looking for you to be self-motivated and work on your own initiative. At Civica we embrace diversity and appreciate individuality, so don’t forget to tell us about your passions and adventures!
Essential skills and qualifications
- Any degree considered, but an interest in mathematics or data analysis would be beneficial (minimum grade 2:1). Graduation within the last 3 years.
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent
- Competency in VBA/macros and Excel
- Any previous experience of data analysis would be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Financial awareness – knowledge of accounting, familiarity with structure and requirements of P&L, cash flow and balance sheets.
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- An excellent communicator both written and oral
- Customer focused
We’re big on benefits
As clichéd as it may sound, you’re our future, our differentiator and our greatest asset, so rest assured that we’ll reward you accordingly. Here’s what you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Regular performance reviews and 1:1s
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Critical Illness cover from your first day of employment (£25,000)
You’ll also receive a competitive, flexible benefits package which includes private healthcare cover, cycle to work scheme, Tastecard and more.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus a ‘Donate a day’ to support a charity of your choice.
- An internal rewards system for going the extra mile - 100 points = £1.
A full induction programme and training provided through the Civica Academy, together with mentoring and coaching to aid your career. For more information, please email our Academy team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications – 30th June 2021
This Civica Graduate Programme will start in July-September 2021.