17th January 2022
Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Office and home based (candidates must be local to Gloucester) - A full driving license is essential
Reference Number: 1677
Are you an IT / Infrastructure Support Engineer looking for your next challenge within a leading technology company?
We are currently recruiting for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our Systems support and Infrastructure team. You will work as an escalation point for support queries, including Personal Computing Devices (desktop, Laptops, Tablet and mobile devices), End Users Support and incident management.
The Desktop Support Engineer will have a breadth of experience and be comfortable working in a virtual environment on server-side technologies, providing support to internal users and external customers.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual, with prior experience working within IT Service Delivery and supporting with end user devices.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with exceptional customer service skills and a methodical and logical approach to problem solving.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Incident and Service Request Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Citrix, VPN and Encryption Software
- Creating and managing SCCM deployments including capture of images and rolling out software, including Windows 10
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting End User hardware, including desktop, Laptops, Tablets, mobile phones and Wyse Terminals
- Microsoft Application Servers (i.e. Exchange, Lync/SFB , SharePoint, SQL Server)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Triage & resolve Incidents and Service Requests within SLA
- Assist in the provision of 3rd Line Incident, Problem, Release and Deployment Management
- Provide support for project and small work order activity in a technical capacity,
- Provide and support the current Windows 10, including install of Licensed and not licensed software
- Identify incident trends as input to Service Improvement and Problem Management processes
- Create and maintain relevant technical documentation and knowledge articles
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.