22nd April 2022
Unleash your potential.
Join our 2022 graduate programme…
Customer Experience Graduate (Business Analysis, User Research & UX Design)
Location: Home, Bristol / London (Southbank) / Manchester / Edinburgh / Glasgow + travel to client sites in the UK
(You may be required to travel and stay away across the UK to work on-site with our customers)
Job Reference: 1903
Salary: £26,000 per annum + benefits
At Civica, we never stand still…
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth – We never stand still, so you won’t either!
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
From new faces and experiences, to opportunities and challenges, it’s our people and culture that makes us different. After all, our sustained growth and success over the last 22 years hasn’t been coincidental. It’s been down to us attracting, recruiting and retaining, fresh thinking individuals with a passion to make a difference. Individuals just like YOU!
Our technology is used all over the country and touches the very depths of cyberspace in a multitude of industries – so when you join our team, the sky’s definitely not the limit.
You’ll join our 2 year graduate scheme and go through our induction programme. As you progress up the ranks, you’ll follow a comprehensive learning and development programme. You’ll also get regular mentoring from more experienced colleagues and regular performance and salary reviews throughout the graduate scheme.
So, what does a Customer Experience Graduate do?
As you progress within Civica and on your career journey, you will have the opportunity to specialise into one of our three main disciplines to progress your career in the direction you want.
As a Business Analyst, you can expect to:
- Investigate, identify and evaluate ways to improve business systems, processes and situations
- Define requirements for options and communicate with stakeholders to ensure it meets client needs
- Build open and honest relationships with colleagues and clients
- Represent clients’ interests during implementation
- Translate the requirements into an effective implementation plan
As a User Researcher, you can expect to:
- Design and plan user research studies to support the design, development and improvement of digital services
- Assist and deliver research activities, such as observation, interviews, focus groups and surveys, to capture evidence and insights about users
- Participate in the analysis of research data to produce a better understanding of users, their needs, and opportunities for improvement
- Create and present findings, insights and recommendations to project teams and stakeholders through a wide range of outputs
- Liaise with UX Designers, Business Analysts and development teams to ensure that the needs of users are championed and understood
As a UX Designer, you can expect to:
- Collect and analyse new or existing user research data and insights
- Visualise concepts rapidly on paper, and generate wireframes and prototypes
- Design User Interfaces (UI) based on user flows
- Assist in the production and documentation of UX solutions and deliverables such as a UI library, UX patterns, site flows, and content catalogues
- Assist in the preparation of evaluations and in the operation of the test environment
- Liaise with development teams to ensure the UX solution correctly transitions into development
The secret to your success
- Passion. That’s our secret. We only employ the most talented, qualified and creative graduates, all of whom exhibit professionalism, consistency and integrity in everything they do. We promise that the only career limitation will be your own ambition!
- Commitment. Our people and their commitment to do well for customers, colleagues and communities, is a defining characteristic of Civica.
- Excellent communication skills, a proven ability to work as a team and great interpersonal skills count. We’ll also be looking for you to be self-motivated and work on your own initiative. At Civica we embrace diversity and appreciate individuality, so don’t forget to tell us about your passions and adventures!
Essential skills and qualifications
- Whilst a background in IT, Design, or analytical skills would be helpful, we are looking for you to bring passion, strong people skills, communication and a willingness to learn on the job.
- Any degree considered, an interest in design or analysis would be beneficial (minimum grade 2:2)
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent
- Ability to learn and become skilled in a range of collaboration software.
- For those with an interest in UX Design an understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud Software and wireframing software is helpful, but not essential
We’re big on benefits
As clichéd as it may sound, you’re our future, our differentiator and our greatest asset, so rest assured that we’ll reward you accordingly. Here’s what you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews and 1:1s
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Critical Illness cover from your first day of employment (£25,000)
You’ll also receive a competitive, flexible benefits package which includes private healthcare cover, cycle to work scheme, Tastecard and more.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus a ‘Donate a day’ to support a charity of your choice.
- An internal rewards system for going the extra mile - 100 points = £1.
A full induction programme and training provided through the Civica Academy, together with mentoring and coaching to aid your career. For more information, please email our Academy team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications – 13th May 2022
The Civica Graduate Programme will start in early October 2022
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.