27th August 2021
Job title: Buyer
Location: Remote working within a commutable distance to Dudley
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Are you a Buyer with experience within the IT industry? Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK?
We’re currently looking for a Buyer to join one of clients on a permanent basis. The Buyer will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods / services to support the business in all aspects of Purchasing and Supply Chain management
About The Role:
- Assume responsibility for allocated projects and identify new opportunities to deliver annual saving plan objectives
- Adopt category management and sourcing strategy
- Deliver best practice in areas such as market research, competitive tender process, supplier selection, negotiation, contract implementation and cost reduction
- Take on ad-hoc Purchasing projects, coordinating and analysing options and present findings to line manager
- Keen attention to details and accuracy
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong negotiation, communication and influencing skills
- Customer focus and commitment to providing high-quality service
- Used to working in busy / fast paced environment and to deadlines
- Experience within IT industry / Networks / Telephony category management is beneficial
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.