25th October 2021
Job title: Business Analyst
Location: Home based with occasional travel as and when may be required
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and driven Business Analyst within our Modern.Gov team, who will have opportunity to create functional, technical and development specifications and ensure that Business requirements for new and existing product developments are identified, evaluated, and fully documented
Modern.Gov is our market leading solution for governance and meeting management, used by 76% of councils in England and Wales. Civica Democracy and Engagement is the UK’s leading provider of end-to-end ballot, election and voting services.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Experience within SaaS organisations, Public Sector (e.g. Local Government) experience advantageous
Knowledge and experience of agile development processes, esp. agile requirements capture e.g. epics, features, stories, acceptance criteria and producing customer facing documents
Experience of working with Azure DevOps (or similar for example Jira) for successful development projects
Commercially astute with the gravitas, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with internal and external customers
UK driving license, Flexible and able to travel to client sites as and when required
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Technical Director, Managing Director and others to review priorities and timescales for product delivery and customer needs
- Put plans in place to deliver the necessary analysis for approved projects.
- Creation, management and review of requirements, design, estimates and other materials
- Influencing the product strategy by continuously monitoring market needs
- Review and management of incoming enhancement requests and production defect fixes, and help prioritise developments for release
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.