23rd December 2021
2nd line Support Engineer
Office and home based (candidates must be local to Luton)
Are you an IT Support / Infrastructure Engineer looking for your next challenge within a leading technology company?
We are currently recruiting for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join our Systems support and Infrastructure team. You will work as an escalation point for support queries and take a lead on projects to improve the service provided.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer will have a breadth of experience and be comfortable working in a virtual environment on server-side technologies, providing support to internal users and external customers.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual, with prior experience working within IT Service Delivery and strong knowledge of ITIL and IT Security.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with exceptional customer service skills and a methodical and logical approach to problem solving.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Incident and Service Request Management
- Problem Management
- Windows Server based systems including DNS, DHCP, IIS, NPS, RDS, DFS
- Email Technologies: Exchange, Egress, MailMarshal, Enterprise Vault
- Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp
- Filesystems and Permission Management
- Active Directory admin
- Microsoft Application Servers (i.e. Exchange, Lync/SFB , SharePoint, SQL Server)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Triage & resolve Incidents and Service Requests within SLA
- Ensure the prompt and thorough resolution of security incidents
- Work with Level 3 engineers to resolve complex incidents
- Monitor a range of tools and metrics and escalate issues as appropriate
- Handle complex access management / permissions requests
- Identify incident trends as input to Service Improvement and Problem Management processes
- Create and maintain relevant technical documentation and knowledge articles
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.