5th April 2022
Job title: 2nd Line Engineer
Location: Home based
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job reference: 1850
Skills: Microsoft Windows Server, Windows 10/11, SQL Server, IIS, 2nd line support, Application Support,
Are you experienced in 2nd Line Support? Do you want to be part of a passionate and busy team for a leading public sector software provider?
We’re currently looking for a 2nd Line Engineer to join the Modern.Gov Support team, primarily focused on providing outstanding application and customer support service of all Modern.Gov products.
This role particularly focuses on supporting second line support activities, liaising with customers on specific issues and involvement in customer escalations, and to be a point of contact for the support team on critical and complex customer support issues
- Manage customer expectations and enable effective resolution/completion of service incidents, problems and requests for change.
- Deliver a quality service desk with highly satisfied clients by ensuring all records are resolved within the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Collaborate with others to achieve high standards of customer satisfaction and escalate anything that cannot be resolved
- Work cooperatively with others in achieving customer satisfaction and team goals. Share information and knowledge and understand how work of other teams relates to own.
- Provide regular progress updates on incidents, service requests and problems to the client and ensure the record is up-to-date.
- Build and maintain a knowledgebase to aid the fast resolution of customer issues.
- Implement customer brandings and ah-hoc system features.
Experience of working with:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows 10/11
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL query
- SSL Certificates
- Azure (beneficial)
- Experience of working on infrastructure or software application implementation projects or programmes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to negotiate and influence technology peers and stakeholders
- Self-starter approach, highly motivated, highly organised
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Good understanding of Networking, Security, Storage and Identity Management
- Ability to deal with major incidents and have challenging conversations
- Troubleshooting including event viewer and log file analysis
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth!
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.