Business Update – year to 30 September 2017
Civica is the leading provider of business-critical software, digital solutions and managed services for our public sector and regulated markets. Providing the software technology and automation behind essential every day services, we help organisations around the world to deliver better outcomes for people and places.
2017 Group business highlights:
- Group revenues increased 21% on the previous year to £324.7 million
- Recurring revenues increased 15% to £152.4 million
- UK & Ireland revenues increased 14% to £247.2 million
- International revenues increased 55% to £77.5 million
The business has extended its strong track record with a 16th year of profitable and cash-generative growth, further increasing the scale of involvement with customers as we continue to help them to improve services and achieve efficiencies while adapting to a changing and increasingly digitised environment.
In January 2017 we successfully launched Civica Digital, a unified division with a leading capability to support transformation across both the public and private sectors. The division provides a complete capability to design, deliver and support a new generation of high-value digital services, with a long heritage.
Progress for Civica Digital included delivery of major programmes in central and regional government together with business-critical platforms for customers such as Flybe, the Rail Delivery Group and Nationwide Building Society. The business gained new wins, such as the Higher Education Statistics Agency and Acas, and internationally including health fund HCF.
Our distinctive platform-based model continues to deliver improvements and significant savings for customers in major partnerships. Existing contracts performed strongly while new wins included the Group’s largest contract to date, worth approximately AUD200 million, to provide business services to support the new fines administration service in the state of Victoria.
- More than 4,100 colleagues
- Working with 3,000 major customers in 10 countries
- Producing 16 years of unbroken growth with 2017 revenues increased by 21%
- Streamlining services for 100 million people and businesses
- Supported by 119,400 hours of learning and development
Mid-year update – six months to 31 March 2018
In October 2017 Chambertin (Holdings) Limited and its subsidiaries (the Civica Group) was acquired by global private markets investment manager Partners Group on behalf of its clients. The backing of Partners Group provides a strong foundation and ensures Civica has the resources and stability to build on our existing plans under the leadership of the current management team.
During the six months to 31 March 2018, Civica continued to perform in line with expectations. The Group maintained its successful track record of operational and financial delivery, with good progress across core markets and capabilities. This included a good trading performance, sustained project delivery and continued investment in the business including in our people and our operating platform.
We strengthened our capability and resources during the period:
- Adding more than 600 people globally
- Supporting our team with new development programmes underpinned by renewed Investors in People ‘Gold’ accreditation in the UK
- Acquiring OneStep Solutions, a provider of cloud-based debt recovery software, in February 2018. Its products are used in over 1,000 installations, supporting all aspects of recovery and case management for office, call centre and field agent teams.
- Launching an integrated HR & Payroll business following the acquisition of Carval Computing in July 2017
- Progressing further acquisition opportunities for completion during the second half of the year to 30 September 2018
- Increasing our team in Vadodara, India, by more than 50 per cent to support the development of Civica’s business internationally
- Sustaining our investment in new product development and cloud-based solutions, accelerating adoption of the latter in local government, health & care and education
- Launching our new CodeIT innovation programme.
The Group continued to build on a strong market position with new and existing customers:
- Securing more than 110 new contract wins, including software agreements with North Warwickshire and Nuneaton & Bedworth Councils, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and the National Library Board in Singapore
- New programmes for our Digital division in local public services, central government and regulated markets, including helping workplace experts Acas to improve its digital footprint and shape the organisation’s future delivery
- Signing our largest UK local government partnership, a 7-year agreement with East Kent partners Canterbury City Council, Dover District Council and Thanet District Council to operate shared citizen and business services and save up to £5.3 million
- Increased cross-sector selling of products and services within the business, including internationally such as our first contract in Australia for Civica’s UK-developed Cx Housing software with BaptistCare (NSW and ACT)
- A high volume of project delivery, including taking on service delivery as part of our landmark contract in Australia with the Victorian Department of Justice and Regulation, with transition to a new service including the transfer of more than 20 million live records ahead of new legislation which came into effect on 1 January 2018.
Chambertin Holdings Ltd*
2017 annual report and consolidated financial statements
*Chambertin Holdings Ltd was the ultimate parent company of the Civica Group for the year ended 30th September 2017.