5th April 2018
The HR team has improved reporting, reduced administration and gained more time to focus on strategic planning.
The Housing Plus Group serves 25,000 customers in Shropshire and Staffordshire by providing 12,000 homes, managing retirement living communities and delivering domiciliary care services.
The Group was formed by the merger of Severnside Housing and Housing Plus, which brought together over 600 employees. The HR team faced the challenge of managing all HR requirements for the combined workforce across the Housing Plus Group’s six companies.
The HR team chose to replace its legacy system with Civica HR & Payroll. The cloud-enabled platform streamlines all aspects of workforce management. Among the key factors in the Group’s selection of the platform were its ability to support all HR functions using a single centralised set of data and its self-service portal. Now more than 600 employees use the software to book annual leave, manage absences, claim expenses and mileage, conduct appraisals, and book and manage training.
- Streamlined HR management across a geographically dispersed group of organisations
- Ready adoption of easy-to-use self-service portal and mobile app by 600+ employees
- Reduced admin releases HR team to focus on strategic planning
- Improved insight with built-in standard reports and the option to create bespoke reports
- A successful transition to transformational HR.
The portal is intuitive — everyone is able to pick it up and use it very easily. It has created efficiencies for employees, managers and the HR team.
Helen Watkins, Senior HR Business Partner, Housing Plus Group