1st June 2018
SELMS: Going from strength to strength through partnership with Civica Libraries
Supporting a growing consortium with a single database
To support its recent and future growth, the SELMS consortium needed a robust, efficient library management system designed to support their requirements and provide an exceptional user experience for their customers. SELMS chose Spydus to manage all their resources within a single database, but with each partner authority benefiting from their own distinct parameters, collections and search interfaces.
Spydus functionality is just fantastic, because a customer can have access to all 13 authority libraries and more than 300 service points with just one library card. They can sit at home and browse over six million items of stock, reserve what they like, and have it delivered to their local library.
Hilary Ballard, SELMS
- Cost savings – one of the 13 SELMS authorities saves over £81k per annum and another has cut their system costs by 50%
- Improved performance – reservations fulfilled more quickly
- Reduced technical burden on single authorities
- Improved customer self-service experience and provision
- Channel shift to more efficient means – telephone renewals now down to 1%
- Ability to quickly benchmark performance across other authorities
- Shared expertise and best practice.