4th January 2017
A unique Managed IT Service to support PeoplePlus in £5bn Government Work Programme
Full IT infrastructure, high security and resilience, all delivered within DWP’s strict timeframe
A dynamic and agile IT service
Employing over 1,000 people across more than 100 UK locations, PeoplePlus is a national ‘welfare to work’ organisation. PeoplePlus has been appointed by The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) as a service provider for the Work Programme - a £5bn scheme to help tackle long-term unemployment.
PeoplePlus’ contract with the DWP required a radical appraisal of the company’s IT infrastructure. In addition to complying with the DWP’s extremely stringent security and resilience frameworks, PeoplePlus also had to ensure that its IT infrastructure remained highly available and reliable to support its offices across the UK. It was neither cost-effective nor efficient to manage, monitor and maintain the IT infrastructure internally, therefore PeoplePlus decided to partner with a specialist managed IT services organisation.
- Major project completed within DWP’s required tight time frame
- Managed IT service relieves PeoplePlus of in-house responsibilities and allows internal IT specialists to focus on business-critical projects
- IT infrastructure is pro-actively monitored, managed and maintained, minimising risk and improving operations
- Includes full IT disaster recovery capabilities, ensuring business continuity and compliance with DWP’s resilience framework requirements
- Flexible pricing model provides PeoplePlus
- with transparent and controllable costs as the
- business evolves
- Civica expertise and experience delivers sustainable IT services and provides peace of mind
Civica has taken away the pain of ensuring the ongoing availability, resilience and security of our IT infrastructure, so we can focus on helping people move from benefits into employment, training and self-employment. Civica’s unique and flexible pricing model means that we can adapt to the DWP and market changes, ensuring that our nationwide offices have the infrastructure and support that they need.”
Jon Quick, CIO, PeoplePlus