Envisaging a transformation in the Civil Service’s use of data, the Strategy gives every government body a host of new responsibilities and objectives.
In this report, Mark Humphries Head of BI & Analytics Consultancy at Civica scouts the tasks facing civil servants, and maps out a route around the obstacles in their way. The paper addresses:
- Why data is the linchpin for delivering digitally enabled public services of the future
- How COVID-19 has transformed civil servants’ views of the data agenda
- The need for action to develop the capabilities of data-related staff across government
- How to lay strong foundations for good data quality
- The importance of thinking big and starting small.
We’re at a moment in time where people right across government realise that we need multiple departments engaged in addressing the big questions. “
Sir Ian Diamond
Download your copy now
By clicking 'SUBMIT' I understand and agree to you using my information to respond to my enquiry and to email me further marketing communications from Civica. You can unsubscribe or select your email preferences at any time through our Email Preference Centre.
Privacy – At Civica we take your privacy seriously. We collect data via our web site to operate effectively. We will use the information you provide to respond to your enquiry, and to email you further related marketing communications from Civica.
You can read our full privacy notice here
Have you read our first report?
The barriers for a national data strategy are falling: it's time to move forward
For nearly three years, data managers across government have been waiting for the long-promised National Data Strategy.Read the report