18th March 2022
Role: Technical Manager - HRIS (SaaS)
Location: Working from Home + occasional UK travel (Home Counties likely)
Job Reference: 1809
Civica provides a market leading HRIS solution to Customers across a broad range of sectors. We provide smart, dependable software that connects people, processes and systems more effectively.
We are seeking a creative and self-motivated Technical Manager with considerable exposure to multiple technologies and platforms who is keen to join a multi-cultural software company. The Technical Manager will recruit and develop a technical team responsible for:
- Implementation of bespoke applications and supporting the technical solutions in private, public cloud, or customer on site environments.
- Data conversion from customers’ existing systems to new system
- Investigation of data or customer technical issues through to resolution.
- Develop and manage small technical team
- Software installation, configuration, and producing documentation
- The capture, investigation, analysis, and resolution of software issues.
- Maintenance updates and monitoring tasks.
- Strict adherence to change control procedures and policies. Comply with Quality Management System
- Liaising with internal departments, business units and third parties.
- To provide product expertise and guidance to the Customer
- Provide accurate effort estimates for your own work and work delegated to others.
- Contribute to planning and prioritisation of the team’s work.
- Assess the most appropriate technology to meet the requirements in an efficient manner.
- Communicate and/or present concepts and ideas to other stakeholders.
- Support sales on customer, issues, calls and tenders
- Solid management experience of running a customer facing technical team
- 5+ years’ experience in support, Installation, and maintenance of bespoke Applications
- Microsoft SQL server (including T-SQL)
- Windows server and IIS
- Set up and maintenance of physical and virtual machines
- Commitment to providing a quality service and meeting deadlines.
- Must work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Possess excellent communication, organisation, and time management skills.
- Must be process driven – ensuring quality, technical and security requirements hosted service.
- Analytical and problems solving skills
- Customer focused, able to take ownership, diagnose, impact assess and respond appropriately.
- Must have a driving license for on-site work if required
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.