27th October 2021
Job title: Technical Consultant
Location: Home based
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Are you a Technical Consultant with experience in configurable integration tools? Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK?
Skills: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Graph, Sharepoint, OpenID, SAML, AWS, REST / SOAP APIs, XML / XSL
We’re looking for a Technical Consultant to join one of clients’ growing teams. You’ll be responsible for providing technical integration and consulting services, in order to rapidly transform customer experiences and improve operational efficiency. You will be organised and able to work autonomously with excellent IT skills, comfortable with standard web and integration technologies as well as being able to understand core business requirements.
Your core responsibilities
- Provide expert technical integration & consulting services during and after implementations to ensure every project meets stakeholder requirements and continues to provide outstanding value to the customer.
- Lead integration workshops where customer IT teams are introduced to the product, concepts and standard integrations, as well as identifying, defining and documenting requirements and building bespoke integrations with core systems, and leading on migrations of legacy data.
- Analyse business requirements to determine integration solutions across various types of integrations, documentation of requirements, solutions and impacts, alternatives and final decisions.
- Support stakeholders throughout projects to implement, test and deliver technical requirements, ensuring project timescales can be met and scope / budget is controlled
- Ability to assist Sales, Presales, or Services teams with integration discovery, scoping and pricing.
- Ability to manage multiple integrations on multiple projects.
- Be accountable for assigned integrations and/or project activities assigned by technical lead or supervisor
Degree in Computer Science, STEM or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Effectively communicate concepts and technical details to a technical and non-technical audience
- Answer technical questions quickly & accurately
- Investigate and quickly gain an understanding of issues and logically break problems down in order to independently identify causes and solutions
- Expert in APIs and configurable integration tools on which training will be provided.
- 2+ years' experience in a technical consulting environment
Technology experience required
- Good technical understanding of Sharepoint Online, Microsoft Word / Office 365 and Google Docs admin
- Good technical understanding of OpenId and SAML based SSO tools (Azure AD, Okta, ADFS etc)
- Experience using REST / SOAP APIs
- Experience using XML / XSL transforms / JSON
- Technical understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies mainly - MS Azure administration including Azure AD, B2C, QnA Maker, Bot Services, Bookings, Teams.
- Any experience using Microsoft Graph to integrate with Microsoft Azure technologies mainly - MS Azure administration including Azure AD, B2C, QnA Maker, Bot Services, Bookings, Teams will be greatly appreciated.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.