7th July 2021
Are you experienced in SDLC project delivery and excited about a new challenge? This is an exciting time to join a new part of Civica’s Health & Care Division as we align processes, develop the product roadmap and further enhance our cloud enabled Learning Management software with AI and ML **
Working within part of Civica's Health & Care Division, you will manage multiple concurrent software development projects, planning, controlling and implementing software releases of our Corporate Training software. You will work as an integral part of the software development and QA team where the focus is on developing our cloud-based learning management system (LMS) and associated cloud learning technology stack. This consists of microservices, web applications and iOS and Android mobile learning apps.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Set-up, organise, manage, control and deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the right quality.
- Plan and control projects. This includes scope management, risk and issue management, change control and progress reporting whilst maintaining the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Ensure that velocity, burndown, backlog status and similar metrics are used effectively to improve project delivery.
- Ensure that product and sprint backlogs are constantly updated and accurately maintained.
- Co-ordinate project tasks and ensure project Kanban boards are updated and accurate, always reflecting the correct picture of project progress.
- You will be an energetic self-starter, with strong stakeholder management skills, experienced delivering software development (SDLC) projects in and Agile and Waterfall environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience delivering software development projects from within a software house setting, ideally delivering SaaS solutions
- Strong “get it done” attitude, Positive, adaptable, proactive and self-motivated
- Proven experience using agile project management methods
- Strong relationship building skills, interpersonal skills, working equally well as part of a team or independently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to deliver messages clearly and concisely in line with the recipient’s viewpoint, be that technical, managerial, or strategic
- Ability to present to audiences and lead customer meetings such as design, requirements gathering or build workshops
- Ability to foster and maintain collaborative working relationships and promote the sharing of good practice
- Ability to inform and influence others, understand issues and requirements, and respond with options and recommendations
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Ability to change priorities at short notice, manage impact and expectations
- Experience managing projects using Azure DevOps (ideal)
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top 100: Financial Times Diversity Leaders 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.