24th February 2022
Senior Software Engineer- Angular
Location: Home Based
Job Reference: 1743
Who are Civica?
We are a global software and services business, primarily split into three main areas; Central Government (Consultancy), Managed services and Software.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive and diverse culture where people enjoy working and thrive in their careers. Want to know how and why we are a great place to work? Check our Glassdoor reviews - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Civica-Reviews-E35357.htm
As well as our people focus, we are committed to delivering quality software and services to our range of clients who are mostly public sector however, we are looking to grow more into the private sector given our success and continued growth over the last 20 years.
Civica Xpress are embarking on a large scale greenfield product enhancement, aligning remaining legacy elements of our product suite with the Civica Cloud roadmap. Civica Xpress are the leading supplier of electoral management software in England and Wales and our development roadmap ensures we have a product suite suitable for now and the future.
The job will involve working as part of a mixed discipline Civica Xpress Agile development team, creating, maintaining and enhancing a suite of products, guiding best practice and process, aiding with architecture decisions, prototyping, pilot programs and guiding future product creation.
Senior Developer Accountabilities
- Contribute to the development team; supporting, mentoring and sharing ideas and experience within the team.
- Take responsibility for sub-systems and lead the development of new features.
- Lead on quality best practices, demonstrating in all aspects of your work.
- Demonstrate good communication, oral and written; to the full range of business unit stakeholders, including product / business analyst, development and test, support, management and customers.
- Actively participate in Sprint Planning, Reviews, Retrospectives and Stand–ups.
- 3+ years of industry experience with Angular 2 or above.
- Experience with database design and SQL database performance tuning.
- Experience leading the technical development of sub-systems or new functional areas.
- Experience maintaining and supporting existing applications, bug fixing, investigation, performance tuning etc.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a mixed discipline (dev / test) team, sharing knowledge, and coaching less experienced developers.
Please apply using the links, contact me on LinkedIn or email me directly.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.