Salesforce Release Manager - Home Based - UK
18th March 2021
Job Title: Salesforce Release Manager
Location: Home Based – Ideally near Scotland, not essential
Must be eligible for Disclosure Scotland
Join our operations team supporting internal/external projects
We’re currently searching for a Salesforce Release Manager to join an ongoing project for one of our Government clients, we currently have a large team working onsite and remote for the client implementing a number of new technologies one of which being salesforce.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
About the role
You will be the ‘go to’ person on the project when it comes to the release of Salesforce into the clients live environment, within the role you will establish and maintain a competent Continuous Integration/Delivery process for the project and ensure that development teams follow it.
You’ll also be planning the release windows and the overall release lifecycle in coordination with project teams (analyst, development, quality assurance), overseeing the Salesforce Platform DevOps Service in areas of code management, environment strategy and integrations.
The successful candidate will have experience in both admin and development implementation. Leading teams of internal and external specialist involved in the releases/project streams. And have experience managing multiple client projects at one time (including but not limited to implementations, upgrades, and new installations).
Ideally you’ll be confident in your ability to prioritise tasks which will in turn allow you to deliver high quality support services.
- Release Management using Azure DevOps framework and CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of Salesforce metadata, custom meta data and deployment
- Experience with Azure Repos Git, Azure Pipleline, Azure CI, Azure CI Build Log
- Good skills on Source Control Management like Git & Bitbucket
- Automation tools setup and configuration i.e Jenkins, batch scripting etc
- Experience with any Release management and deployment tool like Copado, Autorabbit
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity & equality - Financial Times 2021.
At Civica we are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. At Civica we recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.