26th May 2022
Job title: Project Accountant
Location: Home based with travel (Bristol/London)
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job reference: 1994
Are you a Project Accountant looking to join a leading public sector software company in the UK?
We are looking for a Project Accountant to provide day to day financial support and to work closely with the Finance Manager to maintain strong financial and commercial controls of the Business unit.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities
- Support Finance Manager and BU MD’s
- Ensuring compliance with Group financial policies, with specific focus on correct and complete revenue recognition through the Project Accounting policy.
- Assist in accurate forecasting of revenue, GM and contribution for Professional Services, 3rd party, support & maintenance, recurring/managed services
- Ensure accurate forecasting of staff costs
- Minimising working capital and ensuring accrued income is billed as promptly as possible.
- Assist in the production of the annual Business Plan schedules.
- Assist in production of the monthly management reporting pack including detailed variance analysis.
- Monitoring the performance of the business units using Key Performance Indicators
- Assist in the effective set up and ongoing monitoring of contract profitability across the division
- Support Finance Manager in Ad-hoc financial analysis / support
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercially astute with the ability to understand contract deliverables and constraints
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Microsoft Office suite with Advanced Excel as a priority
- Working to strict deadlines
- Working capital management
- Analytical capability
- Undertaking or considering AAT, ACA, ACCA, or CIMA training
- Commercial and Industry awareness
- Demonstration of financial experience gained in a professional services or project management environment
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.