1st November 2021
Job title: Product Manager
Location: Home based with occasional travel to Leeds
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Are you looking for your next role in Product Management? Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK?
Working with over 200 NHS organisations, we are the leading provider of patient and public engagement software for the health sector. We also work extensively with membership organisations, local authorities and housing associations to help them engage their stakeholders and members. As engagement experts, we inform and guide strategy and lead discussion
The Product Manager function is a key role to ensure the delivery of high quality software solutions that meet the expectations of customers and the market to enable the business to achieve its core objectives. The Product Manager must be able to understand customer requirements, commercial demands and business processes; and ensure that this is translated into clear product requirements, whilst prioritising and managing these to meet the interests of both customer and business goals.
The role is a key interface between the customers and Development, Sales, Pre-Sales/Solution Design and Marketing teams ensuring that the products can be marketed and sold to customers in our core markets that add value to the portfolio.
Your core responsibilities:
Product Lifecycle & Roadmap
- Managing the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Ensure that the product design is aligned to business strategy and maintain the vision for development of products
- Evaluate and assess development at each iteration ensuring quality and accuracy is achieved
- Contribute to the development of a clear, concise product roadmap to meet customer requirements and the business unit strategy and vision
- Identifying the core value and benefits delivered to the customer in each release/development
- Analyse competitive solutions and market research to monitor and identify market trends/insight
- Review tenders in order to determine market trends and propose new product functionality for consideration
- Engaging with customers and other stakeholders (for e.g. sales and pre-sales) to understand requirements, and work with stakeholders to gather and prioritise requirements to create development plans
- Manage the collection, description and prioritisation of requests for new functionality from customers, market-driven focus (legislation, new technologies) and the sales team
- Engaging with all stakeholders, and ensuring that all contribute to the shaping and execution of the product roadmap and solution deliverables
- Work alongside key stakeholders to review the design of new features with an eye on product usability and end user efficiency
- Develop User Journeys/Stories and Define and maintain Minimal Viable Product
- Organise and co-ordinate Alpha and Beta customer sites, as needed
- Work with key stakeholders to create internal communications briefs required to inform and educate sales and marketing
- Determine whether final product is acceptable based on stakeholder needs (especially customers) before formal launch
- Review timescales for release and ensure product messaging and documentation is available prior to product release
- Ensure knowledge transfer from Dev to Solution Design, Service Delivery, Sales and Support
- Work with Marketing to ensure successful launch and positioning of our offerings
- Assist Pre-sales with delivery of new products/features, aiding with delivery techniques including features, benefits and market context
- Contribution to product tenders, proposals and quotations as required
- Review and provide content for internal and external documentation and sales presentations ensuring they are current, accurate, detailed, and professional and fit with the Civica brand and Digital360 identity and messaging.
- 3+ years experience in a Product Management role
- Strong stakeholder management and customer service experience
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status