2nd June 2021
Principal Electoral Advisor
2 Year fixed term contract
Location: Home Based
Salary: commensurate with experience
Are you an experienced Electoral Services professional seeking a new role in an industry leading company? Do you want to join a Top Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica Xpress is embarking on the migration of it’s existing core desktop applications into a browser based, cloud hosted environment.
As the largest provider of Electoral Management Systems in the UK, this project represents one of the most significant opportunities to drive innovation in the delivery of UK elections in recent years.
As part of this project we have an exciting vacancy for a Principal Electoral Advisor to join the cloud development team. Working as part of a close team this role will involve:
- Acting as the principal adviser to the cloud development team on the legal and practical context of electoral software requirements
- Assisting with the delivery of user research
- Assisting with the collection and analysis of business requirements
This post is key to the delivery of the cloud development project and represents a unique opportunity to help shape the future of electoral administration in the UK.
We are seeking a candidate who is able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of UK Electoral Law and considerable experience and practical knowledge in electoral administration in the UK.
Holding the AEA Certificate in Electoral Administration is preferred, but not essential if equivalent experience can be demonstrated.
Knowledge of Xpress software systems would be beneficial but not required.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.