7th January 2022
Job title: Payroll Controller
Location: Home Based - UK
Salary: Competitive + benefits
We will deliver managed payroll services to NHS Trusts using the Electronic Staff Records system.
This is a great opportunity join a market leading technology company and bring with you your payroll knowledge and expertise to our welcoming friendly team!
This role will act as first point of contact for Trust employees and Trust staff, and managing any issues that arise.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UKsoftware company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Here is a success story from an employee who initially joined us as Junior Payroll Administrator and has progressed to Implementation Consultant
“This is such an amazing company to work for; the management team are always pushing me and trusting me with responsibilities, my mentor/s have helped and guided me to become the ‘employee’ that I am today and I feel so lucky to work alongside such a wonderful group of people.”
- Good understanding of Payroll legislation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understand the need to follow established procedures
- Ability to use own initiative within a team environment
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Work well as part of a team
Your core responsibilities:
- To key input into payrolls, check input and calculate payrolls
- To produce BAC’s reports for clients and ensure that they are authorised on time
- To ensure that all payments are processed accurately, according to the agreed schedule
- To produce payroll reports and pay slips for the client
- To handle client queries in a professional and friendly manner and by taking full ownership of the query always ensuring that a resolution is delivered to the client on time
- To maintain communication with 3rd parties such as Inland Revenue, CSA, Pension Providers, etc.
- To escalate issues to the Team Manager immediately if a problem occurs during processing
- To process end of year returns accurately and on time
- To maintain all necessary administration relating to the above tasks
- To ensure compliance to all legislative requirements
- To update your skills in line with changing legislation, NHS T&Cs and changes in the ESR platform.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.