13th April 2022
Job title: Customer Support Advisor (Bespoke Software)
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 1890
We are looking for a Customer Support Advisor who specialises in bespoke Software to join our team. Someone who enjoys a challenge and has an analytical approach to solving problem would suit this role.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the first and single point of contact to our external customer base.
- Maintaining our excellent standard of customer service.
- Handling email and telephone-based customer interactions.
- Processing helpdesk tickets and providing help and guidance on a variety of internally developed products.
- Log and respond to incoming customer support calls, in-line with agreed SLAs
- Provide a first-class customer service experience
- Taking ownership of helpdesk tickets and provide updates as requested
- Provide immediate diagnosis or problem resolution, using appropriate tools, and/or obtain appropriate further details for potential internal escalation
- Processing helpdesk backlog queues
- Develop and implement customer specified reports
- Provide process/product guidance using best practice information
- Experience of working in a Service Desk or support environment with excellent customer service skills is desirable.
- Technical experience using SQL Server and/or SSRS (report writing) would be beneficial, but training would be provided where necessary.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft products, services and operating systems would be beneficial.
- You must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- You will have good organisational skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure and to be able to follow tasks through and follow up where necessary.
- You will be able to work on multiple tasks in parallel, keeping track of and progressing each independently.
- Planning/scheduling and time management abilities with an analytical approach to problem solving would be expected.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.