13th January 2022
Home with Travel – UK
Are you looking for a Business Development Manager role selling a suite of Financial/Accounting SaaS solutions into the Public Sector?
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
We are looking to recruit a Business Development manager to sell our suite of Financials Live/Accounting solutions into the Public sector.
Lorraine Smith, Divisional Managing Director (Financials): “Civica’s an amazing people-focussed company. When I first joined we had 1,500 employees; we’ve now got more than 5,000 but we’ve maintained that close-knit culture. Civica’s the best of both worlds; with all of the opportunity, benefits and support synonymous with a large organisation, but with a unique structure and culture bonding incredibly tight-knit teams. I look back at my old team and, although lots of my colleagues have moved on to different roles and different business units, the vast majority of them are still with Civica, almost a decade later.”
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends/family
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2020: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
- Civica Sales Academy - We’ll support you in becoming one of those consistent, global top performers whether you’re new to the profession or a seasoned professional/leader. Through training, coaching, observation and rehearsal, we’ll take you through those key approaches and behaviours that make the difference.
- Societal Impact – Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Define and execute new business sales campaigns.
- Produce written proposals of a high standard that make a compelling case for the prospective client to procure Civica’s solution.
- Integrate personal sales efforts with organised marketing activities, e.g. product launches, targeted campaigns and exhibitions.
- Manage pipeline to ensure that incremental gross margin targets are met consistently month-on-month.
- Maximise the opportunity for revenue recognition by means of well-balanced payment profiles for contracted business.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Product Roadmap through identification of customer requirements to facilitate the development of profitable products and services.
Our most successful Sales colleagues embody the following behaviours & competencies:
- Maximise customer value - Understands customers and fosters a partnership to solve their problems using our solutions and products to maximise value to the customer and to Civica
- Own their targets - Takes full ownership for achieving personal/team target. Is planned, rigorous and agile, shapes the task and makes it happen
- Act with integrity - Approaches sales challenges in the ‘right way’, is fair, honest and always takes responsibility
- Challenge thinking - Uses deep market insight and fresh thinking to challenge customers to think differently and to take action
- Coach for performance - Inspires and, coaches the team to exceed high standards, challenging them to always do more
- Driven to win - Ambitious and action oriented. Is resilient, tenacious, positive, and determined
- Always improving - Constantly seeks and acts on feedback, learning and coaching in order to improve personal performance and result
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.