4th November 2021
Business Analyst (Software / Product)
Location: Home working + occasionally Altrincham
Joining our rapidly growing Payments software business, the Business Analyst will be responsible for providing input to product strategy, ensuring that market trends, legislation and new market opportunities are identified and included within the product portfolio, to assist in driving business growth in new markets. You will be responsible for owning solutions from product change concept through to implementation, being the key focal point for product change status and driving change across the product roadmap.
- Support the development of the overall Product and Solution Strategy, including the delivery of third-party solutions and partnerships for the Payments business unit
- Provide regular communications and updates to both internal and external stakeholders of the latest roadmap, changes and updates
- Produce quality product specifications, designed to deliver a high-quality product to the customer, reducing the amount of re-work required in the product
- Keep abreast of legislation and payment market trends and develop propositions to enable Civica to deliver solutions which meet the requirements of existing and new market sectors.
- Understand the sectors and market competitors which Civica operates within and identify ways to capitalize on the differences between the competition and Civica
- Work with the sales, marketing and business development team in driving increased revenues from new and existing markets
- Working with key stakeholders, to define, document and agree product changes, including business requirements, technical requirements and driving changes through the development process from concept to implementation within customer sites
- Work with the sales and marketing team to launch new products and services relevant to the markets and strategic plans of the business.
Civica delivers a wide range of specialist software solutions to Local Government and private Customers across the UK. We have grown year on year for the last 22 years. Our Payments business is the trusted payments partner for over 180 Local Government authorities as well as other high-profile organisations. Our systems process £2 billion in secure electronic payments every year.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a product or BA role within a software house environment developing software for a highly regulated sector, (such as FinTech, Payments, Insurance etc.)
- Experience working closely with customers on User requirements gathering and analysis and working closely with software development teams taking product enhancements from concept through to proposition
- Excellent understanding of the product lifecycle
- Great team skills and experience of matrix management, working with teams of software Developers and Testers
- Proven experience of managing customer requirements and expectations
- Commercially astute with the gravitas, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Planning capabilities, covering strategic, tactical and reactionary
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends/family
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.