18th March 2022
Job title: Account Director – Managed Services
Location: Home based
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 1044
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Account Director to come and join our successful sales function, playing a key role in developing Civica’s IT Managed Services business, cross and upselling into a number of defined Strategic clients (Private and Public sector)
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- You will have experience of complex consultancy sales dealing at c-suite level with a background selling IT Outsourcing, IT managed service, Application managed service solutions.
- Maximises customer value - Understands customers and fosters a partnership to solve their problems, using our solutions and products to maximise value to the customer and to Civica.
- Challenges thinking - Uses deep market insight and fresh thinking to challenge customers to think differently and to take action.
- Acts with integrity – Approaches sales challenges in the ‘right way’, is fair, honest and always takes responsibility.
- Driven to win – Ambitious and action oriented. Is resilient, tenacious, positive, and determined.
- Always improving – Constantly seeks and acts on feedback, learning and coaching in order to improve personal performance and results.
- Owns their target - Takes full ownership for achieving personal/team target. Is planned, rigorous and agile, shapes the task and makes it happen.
- Excellent business acumen with commercial and strategic focus.
- Sound contractual knowledge and highly competent negotiator.
- High quality written and oral communication.
- Ability to travel in execution of role.
Your core responsibilities:
- Achieve annual incremental gross margin targets, as set by the Company at the outset of the financial year.
- Build and maintain a strong and accurate pipeline, sufficient to achieve/exceed target
- Deliver accuracy of +/- 10% in your sales forecasts.
- Build, then execute a Territory Plan to explain how you will maximize the return from the customers and product/solution whitespace in your territory.
- Manage every aspect of the sales cycle, from initial preparation and customer engagement through to deal closure and handover to delivery.
- Qualify every opportunity using recognised tools, to ensure effort is only expended on deals with a strong likelihood of closure.
- Construct and lead multi-discipline teams, to demonstrate to the customer that we can meet their requirements and deliver on commitments.Understand the competitive landscape you are operating in, be capable of positioning Civica to win by emphasizing our differentiators.
- Contribute to the evolution of product/service roadmaps in your market, by identifying repeatable customer challenges that can be profitably addressed.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of other Civica products/services to support the generation of collaborative pipeline for other business units.
- Maximise revenue recognition by constructing optimal commercials terms.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.