19th January 2022
Job title: Account Development Manager – ERP Software, SaaS
Location: Ohio - home based with travel
Civica is a global company based in the UK but with a strong presence in Australia, Singapore and the United States, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
The United States business has been providing software to local government mainly in the state of Ohio but also covering neighbouring states such as Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Kentucky for over 30 years. The US is seen as a key growth area and Civica are committed to selling into new products across a wider range of sectors.
Civica are undergoing a multi-million dollar cloud redevelopment of their local government ERP product suite which includes Finance, Payroll, HR, Tax and Utility billing. The current solution has had great success over the last 30 years mainly in the State of Ohio but with the introduction of a new cloud product the ambition and goal of the company is to expand into new States across the US. This role will be specifically for new business development outside of Ohio starting with the launch of the new Utility Cloud product.
The purpose of this role is to build long-term relationships with existing customer to create incremental sales by convincing customers to change.
You are excited by the opportunity to add value to the customer, keen to share relevant insights and knowledge so the customer wants to meet with you. You build deep trust based on understanding what the customer wants to achieve professionally and personally.
We're looking for someone who can;
- Maximizes customer value - Understands customers and fosters a partnership to solve their problems, using our solutions and products to maximise value to the customer and to Civica.
- Challenges thinking - Uses deep market insight and fresh thinking to challenge customers to think differently and to take action.
- Acts with integrity – Approaches sales challenges in the ‘right way’, is fair, honest and always takes responsibility.
- Driven to win – Ambitious and action oriented. Is resilient, tenacious, positive, and determined.
- Always improving – Constantly seeks and acts on feedback, learning and coaching in order to improve personal performance and results.
- Owns their target - Takes full ownership for achieving personal/team target. Is planned, rigorous and agile, shapes the task and makes it happen.
- Self-motivating and driven to succeed.
- Excellent business acumen with commercial and strategic focus.
- Sound contractual knowledge and highly competent negotiator.
- High quality written and oral communication.
- Ability to travel in execution of role.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.