22nd November 2017
A confident move to the cloud
The University of Roehampton's cloud journey drives cost savings and innovation.
In 2016, the University of Roehampton met with long-term partner Civica to discuss moving its IT applications and servers to Microsoft Azure. Following a Civica Cloud Readiness Assessment, the University had a clear business case for migrating to the cloud, projecting initial IT cost savings of £3.5 million over 10 years.
Now the migration is complete and with Civica's cloud expertise and support, the University have identified further cost savings, and are on-track to save £4.18 million over 10 years. Cloud adoption is also enabling the University to focus on innovation and enhance the experience of both students and faculty.
- Projected savings of £4.18 million over 10 years
- 35% return on investment on Civica Cloud Optimisation engagement
- 13,400 students and staff using Office 365
- IT team released from software licensing and data centre maintenance tasks to focus on innovation
- University real estate freed up for accommodation and academic purposes.
Perhaps most importantly, Civica helped us build a convincing business case for moving to the cloud, which included projected savings on IT costs of £4.18 million over 10 years.
Hiren Patel, Deputy Director - IT Services, University of Roehampton