26th June 2019
Preston City Council saves £12,000 per year by collaborating with Civica
Civica’s Community Mobile supports Preston to mobilise their food hygiene team, improve engagement with local businesses and increase productivity by 18%.
Modernising service provision to meet increased demand
Preston City Council Environmental Health team wanted to improve the efficiency of their food hygiene inspection process in order to manage and deliver the increasing number of inspection demands, as well as boost the customer experience.
- Save 20% of post-inspection administration time, an equivalent of 500 hours per year
- Create efficiency savings of £12,000 per year
- Complete inspection report in real-time and eliminate the need for paper-based records
- Undertake an additional 18% inspections and improve citizen satisfaction
- Improve engagement with over 1,400 local businesses and maintain 97% food hygiene compliance
Since starting with Community Mobile last year, we’ve gained an equivalent of 0.75 FTE staff resources and believe this will increase by another 5% to 1.0 FTE within the next three months. As well as efficiency gains, we’ve improved our relationship with local businesses, helping us work towards our common goal and maintain the compliance rating of 97% in the city."
Environmental Health Manager at Preston City Council