London Borough of Harrow Council reduces customer services budget by £2m
91% of customer contact, across all channels, handled at first point of contact
The London Borough of Harrow Council has a change programme entitled ‘Access Harrow’ that focusses on transforming citizen contact by improving access to council services and adding greater levels of process automation across all channels including telephony, walk-in, paper & web.
As experts in using ICT to transform the delivery of citizen services, Civica was invited to identify and build a solution for Access Harrow – a task Civica successfully completed using it’s Contact360 platform. The solution initially went live in 2009 but still continues to evolve (as of 2016) and deliver additional transformational benefits to the Council.
- Improved customer satisfaction with 91% of customer requests, across all channels, handled at first point of contact.
- Significant savings with £2m being taken out of the customer services budget since 2010.
- 80% of transactions are now being done via self-service Reduced citizen service request handling time by eliminating redundant manual tasks, eg re-keying, multiple searches.
- Improved citizen access by supporting the integrated delivery of key council services via multiple channels.
- Enriched Management Information across the full service request lifecycle.
- Contact centre processes guided and enforced delivering improved consistency of citizen service. logged, closed or updated.
- Citizen records consistent across applications. Front office and back office systems and processes linked.
Civica was able to propose a solution based on Microsoft technology that has greatly improved the quality and efficiency of our citizen contact.”
Carol Cutler, Director of Business Transformation, London Borough of Harrow Council